Bhavna is an artist, illustrator, and an educator. She is the owner of Bhavna Misra Art studio and the creative force behind the art services offered by the studio. Her passion lies in making theme-based, awareness oriented art by painting portraits, landscapes, and objects of everyday life. Oil is her preferred medium but she uses many other media, including pastel, watercolor, and graphite. She describes her style as “careful balance of accuracy and expressionism”.
Balance of Creativity and Work
Bhavna Misra creates theme based and often issue oriented art that she hopes would inspire the viewers to appreciate the beauty of realism and traditional art and then move on to explore deeper and be part of the creative story-telling process.
Bhavna started to paint from an early age, mostly on the side, while keeping focus on academics. Later, once she secured a gainful employment in tech industry, she pursued arts more seriously.
She established a professional art studio and managed her art activities through it. Soon she started to receive recognition for her work, invitation to shows, affiliation to art organizations, opportunities to teach, and steady stream of commissioned artworks.
She takes pride in managing her art studio in tandem with her corporate job and expresses gratitude for the opportunity to dedicate her life to a meaningful cause.
Bhavna believes that not studying art formally gave her a chance to develop her own style, and to live in the spirit of a lifelong student. She practices regularly and tries to learn everyday!
Shows and Published Work
Bhavna regularly participates in juried shows and displays work in group and solo exhibitions. She was mentioned in the special anniversary issue of Professional Artist Magazine. She was published in multiple newspapers including Mercury News/ Argus, Fremont Bulletin, Tricity Voice, Cupertino Courier, Milpitas Post, Ohlone Monitor, Spartan Daily and her work has appeared in various magazines and business newsletters and in online publications including Arden, Ideal Home and Gardens, ArtAscent etc.
Awards and Honors
She has been invited to many regional and state level shows and has been awarded best in category award for her technique and fine craftsmanship in her paintings and illustrations.
She has been the guest speaker for art organizations and local educational institutes.
Brief Art Resume
- Professional artmaking in the field of fine arts and design for over ten years
- Participation in over 30 art shows including 13 solo art exhibitions
- Recipient of Certificate of Commendation by City of Milpitas for Art Enrichment in community
- Winner of San Francisco Muni Art Contest 2018 – 2019
- Approved Artist for artist pool of Alameda County Arts Council
- Winner of regional and state level juried art shows organized by County Fair Pleasanton, Fremont Art Association, Fine Art League of Cupertino, San Francisco Women Artist, and Graphics & Multimedia Festival of Ohlone College
- Active online art presence including Saatchi Art, Houzz partnership, and DPW
- TV Interview, Cover Art Illustrations, Press Mentions – Editor’s Pick, Podcast Choice, and Featured in regional and national level print media
- Art Products Tester for leading art brands including Blick and Utretch
- Her work is in private and corporate collections
- Professionally affiliated to FAA